If you are taking interview for SEO profile you must be wondering what to ask a candidate who is having 2-3 years of experience in the same field. Sometimes it happens that you ask few basic questions about SEO and close the vacancy with a less fitted person. I have concluding a list of latest SEO questions which you can use.
Latest Questions for SEO Interview for Experienced Candidate
You need to start with few basic questions as following:
- Please tell me something about you and your profile
- How much experience do you have in core SEO?
- How do you plan your SEO strategy for any new project?
- What Kind of SEO tools you use?
- Which was your largest project till now?
- How many indexed pages are there?
- How do you plan and implement On-page SEO on site?
- How do you plan and implement Off-page SEO for site after Google updates?
- How do you keep yourself updated with latest trends?
- What was pirate Update?
- What was EMD update?
- What do you know about Google’s upcoming update?
- Do you think social media impact SEO?
- What is Domain Authority and citation?
- Do Page rank still matter?
- What are the SEO ranking factors?
- How will you do competitor analysis?
- What is the ideal site structure?
- What is your strong point as an SEO On-page or off page?
- How will you rank a site without On-page? Is it possible for you?
Question related to Google Analytics:
A candidate must have aware about all function of Google analytics
- Have you used Google analytics for your project?
- How will you rate your knowledge out of 10?
- Have you used custom dimension and metrics?
- Have you used rollup property for tracking multiple accounts?
- Have you used domain cross linking?
- Have you implemented Goals and funnels?
- How do you track conversions in analytics?
- Have you implemented e-commerce tracking using analytics?
- As an SEO which one is best for you Google analytics or Google webmasters tools?
Question related to Mobile Site:
Nowadays smart phones have been must amongst people. 50% traffic is coming on site from mobile. So a candidate must have knowledge about mobile site.
- Have you worked on mobile site?
- Which one responsive or separate mobile site?
- How do you test that a site is mobile friendly or not?
- How will you reduce the load time of a mobile site?
Image related question:
image optimization is major issue with sites which are totally dependent on images.
- How will you rank an image in SERP?
- How will you optimize an image?
Content Related questions:
Content is a king so one need to optimize a content very religiously.
- Do you have experience of content writing?
- How do you optimize your content?
- How do you check duplicate content of site?
Internal/External and Outbound Links related question:
Links are quite important for optimizing a page that is why a candidate must be aware about all types of links.
- How many links a webpage can have?
- What is the difference between dofollow and nofollow links?
- How will you check total number of Links on a page?
- How do you earn a quality link from outer sites?
- Which is better, text link or image link?
- How will you optimize a site fully made on flash?
- How will you use iframe in your site?
- Have your site ever penalized? If yes then how did you perform recovery?
- What are the different methods of blocking a page?
- Can search engine index password protected pages?
- Have you used multiple XML sitemaps, image sitemaps and video sitemap?
If you have more questions like this, you can add in comment.