Google has launched Google Voice for Grand Central users, it’s yet not for public. Google Voice is currently available for Grand Central users only, but will be open to new users soon. The service is free of cost. If you already have a Google Voice account, you can add Google voicemail to any mobile phone you’ve linked to your account.
If you’re not yet using Google Voice, you can request an invite or ask a friend with a Google Voice account to send you an invitation.
Now you can also sign up using your existing number, you’ll still get all the functionality of Google voicemail.
Google Voice mail offers following facilities:
- Making calls
- Receiving text messages via email
- Temporary call forwarding
- Removing call presentation
- Recording outbound calls
- Recording phone calls
- Conference calling on the fly
- Call screening vs. Call presentation
- Turning off call screening
- Goog411 integration
- About the Call button
- Switching phones during an incoming call
- Advanced search operators
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Compatibility with SIP services
- And many more
So many countries are using this and soon this will be utilized by all countries.