Google caffeine was under development for the past few months. It is a major update to Google infrastructure and includes no UI changes. Caffeine takes up nearly 100 million gigabytes of storage in one database and adds new information at a rate of hundreds of thousands of gigabytes per day. Most users won’t notice a difference in search results, but web developers and power searchers might notice a few differences. Google caffeine had been tested by many webmasters and it received positive feed backs. First it will be tested in one data center and later implemented in other data centers. The new Google caffeine will be
- Relies more on keywords.
- Improve indexing speed, accuracy, size, and comprehensiveness.
- Search is moving into real-time. News, information and social media results are set to be boosted by Caffeine, with this all being part of the large effort to make real-time search a reality.
- Crawling and indexing may change.
- Powerful, flexible and robust in the way pages are indexed.
- More importance will be given to the exact matching domain names.
- Local results even if you are not logged in. Your location may be detected based on the IP address or ISP.
- Caffeine provides 50 percent fresher results for web searches when compared to the old search.
Tips for webmasters
- Rankings are unlikely to fluctuate.
- Keep your site fresh to be crawled by Caffeine. If your site is not updated regularly you may lose your rankings.